Wednesday, September 27, 2006

I think I'm going to go for it.

Okay, November is once more National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) and I think I am going to give it a shot this year. Last year I was just starting to ease back into writing fiction and was a bit intimidated by the 50,000-word goal, but this year I've done several pieces, including a joint one with Dee that is now over 120,000 words and still going (we're almost at the end though). My individual stuff is steadily getting longer, so this seems like a good challenge. Daunting, but interesting. Now I just have to decide what to write. I have several original character pieces floating around in my head, including the plot bunny I posted a while back, as well as some fanfic ideas I haven't gotten around to doing anything with yet. I'll probably go with an original, but I have a month to decide.

To keep me on track and (hopefully) somewhat accountable, I'll probably post updates here on progess once I start. We shall see. Is anyone else going to participate? It should be a lot of fun, and after its over, there will be a rough draft of a story that can be edited and refined and (gasp) possibly even finished. Wow.