Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Puttin' on the Ritz.

Or, to be more precise, sitting in the Ritz. Great conference, but seeing as how there were no rooms left at this hotel (at least none we could afford with my budget) and cabs in Orlando are expensive, I had a good 4 hours to kill just sitting around today. Good thing I brought my trusty laptop. At least I have something to entertain myself with.

Although the 'N' key no longer has a letter on it. I wore it off.

If you're interested (not that many of you harbor the same deep love and fascination with the print industry as I do. I'm weird, I know.) I posted on the NAPL blog (well, commented on a post) for the event I'm at. You can find it here. The whole conference has been fascinating -- great information -- but the most interesting thus far was the seminar on how different generations view the workplace, and how companies have to be aware of and make policies that take into account the different mindsets. The different perceptions between the age groups, while not something completely new to me, was nonetheless very interesting to see laid out so logically. The progression and discussion of how social and global factors shaped the different world views, and what that means for employers who want to hire younger generations, was a great one.

I get to fly home tomorrow, which, after almost two solid weeks of travel (I got a whole two days between trips, just enough time to do laundry and re-pack) I am absolutely exhausted. It will be nice to just be home for a while.